The great haul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mojappa

Burning Hunk
Mar 14, 2018
Gerrardstown, WV
65285389-C749-4D63-95FB-232A59901DDF.jpeg
Was kinda dreading the process of moving all my wood up to the house since I was gonna be doing it with a wheelbarrow. Took the time to make myself enough of a path to get the truck through the yard. Now I don’t have to buy an ATV as soon. Lol

Attachments

• AA71F8A7-43F4-48BE-8D50-8F6F1F0358D6.jpeg
    AA71F8A7-43F4-48BE-8D50-8F6F1F0358D6.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 222
Was just thinking about borrowing my brothers truck to bring a couple loads into the rack in the garage before the next monsoon.

I do the same thing....normally, but this year my yard is so wet i would be stuck down there all winter! I am carrying the wood through the mud about 200 ft to firmer ground. No fun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Now I don’t have to buy an ATV as soon. Lol
If you have a woodlot to work, you're gonna need the quad and a small trailer. Soon after I got mine I said, "I shoulda done this years ago..look at all the wood I can get now!" >> Up 'til then I was supplying us and my SILs with wheelbarrow stuff that we could easily get to. I can be pickier now as well, just grabbing the easier-to-split stuff..no crotch wood etc.

I does make a big difference moving the wood in something bigger and motorized. I was moving mine only a 100 ft with a wheelbarrow. Now I use an ohio steel trailer (actually it's plastic) pulled with my ATV. It holds 3 times as much wood as the wheelbarrow. And it takes all the work out of the move.

FYI. If your not climbing hills, you don't need a huge ATV to pull a small trailer or the splitter. Mine is 300 CC Kawasaki 2 wheel drive. They have a solid rear axle so your driving both rear wheels.