The Ice Palace Build Begins

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods

A link to some palace history is below.

We were there when they lit it up last year. The wife isn't anxious to make the drive up this year, lol.

Reactions: thewoodlands
We were there when they lit it up last year. The wife isn't anxious to make the drive up this year, lol.
I've never been there but it sounds like another reason to party. Lake Placid,Saranac Lake and Tupper Lake had a chit load of people and kids around for the Empire State Games.

I thought it was fun. I think driving through the blizzard there tempered her enthusiasm.

Reactions: thewoodlands
There was just a story in the news here about a family with a flooded basement allegedly due to an ice sculpture thing nearby. Filed a lawsuit over the 16" water in their basement.

Last edited:
I've wanted to go to the Harbin Ice Festival a while now, but not this year.

It's spectacular in the day:

And at night: