The most confusing pellet stove specs on the market today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Unless you have a hi fan speed independent of the heat level control, which for simplicity and operational design sets the convection speed in accordance with feed level. Most computer stoves' convection output automatically is selected with heating level. Analog stoves in the past sometimes had independent convection and feed rates (ala Enviro EF2/3, older Napoleons and others).

Unless you have a hi fan speed independent of the heat level control, which for simplicity and operational design sets the convection speed in accordance with feed level. Most computer stoves' convection output automatically is selected with heating level. Analog stoves in the past sometimes had independent convection and feed rates (ala Enviro EF2/3, older Napoleons and others).

Is there any way to make it so I could have the fan on 5 and heat on 2 . I just feel Im wasting a lot of pellets by putting it on 5 fan and 5 heat.

Hi Nicoli- Not if you have a computer board that sets the convection output to the heat level automatically, as most stoves are now.

Thanks for the Pic Smokey! I really appreciate it.

Looks like you went from 120 CFM to 160 CFM which is correct for the 45K BTU stove we have!
The slightly higher CFM flow reduces the stove temp for greater stability and reliability!

Now with the tricked up convection blower you turned that stove into a very reliable and mean heating machine!
Like a Hemi under glass!

Which company did you get the snorkel from USStove or Hudson River Stoves? ?

You may be right on the combustion blower. I will snap a pic of that when I have a min.

Don, I know this is an old thread but I am having the same issues with my US 5660 stove. We'e you able to find a snorkel and higher cfm fan for your stove? I have not had any luck in my research finding part numbers, etc. Thank you in advance, Joe

JDM just find the motor use you old squirrel cage and housing. Find a motor with slightly more hp than your original and the same amperage, rpm, rotation, shaft size. The increase in hp will not slow down as much and will move more air.

Don, I know this is an old thread but I am having the same issues with my US 5660 stove. We'e you able to find a snorkel and higher cfm fan for your stove? I have not had any luck in my research finding part numbers, etc. Thank you in advance, Joe
Joe
Yes I did and it does fit the 5660 like I have here! :)
140 CFM Fan & Snorkel
Do a private chat and post your email then I can send you the info. :)

Attachments

• CE9107B7-B037-48C3-BFC0-E638E7E7B2A9.jpeg
    CE9107B7-B037-48C3-BFC0-E638E7E7B2A9.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 55F2CF8C-7EE2-4CCF-82B7-A5BA0E31479A.jpeg
    55F2CF8C-7EE2-4CCF-82B7-A5BA0E31479A.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 190