The VC is gone. Now what?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
He never even installed the defiant.
It's true. The installers had no clue what they were doing. Found out later they had only installed one wood stove before. They were a propane company. After getting some advice here, I decided the Defiant was too risky and they took it back. They gave me a good deal on propane for my trouble!

Reactions: bholler
This is what we've chosen. We've been told it will be installed the first week of March. I'm a bit skeptical, but I'll let y'all know how it goes.

One more question: What's the deal with the cord wood vs. EPA BTUs listed?

Summit Classic LE

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
Heat Output Cord Wood (BTU)99,000 BTU
Heat Output EPA (BTU)41,275 BTU
Efficiency74%
Emissions1.8 gm/hr
Firebox Size3.0 cu.ft.
Log Size (recommended)18 in.
Log Size (max.)20 in.
Burn Time (max.) 10 hrs
summit_classic_ssr_room_HR.jpg

Very nice stove choice. More expensive than my Drolet but much better looking. Actual post install pictures are appreciated.
Sorry it took so long. Here she is! (Is it appropriate to call a stove a "she?" Like a ship?

Attachments

• 15849228928608689650492679085420.jpg
    15849228928608689650492679085420.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 137
What used to be affectionately called "whorehouse red" by the locals when Roospike showed up with the first red Summit.

The red has really darkened up to a nice brick red.
Oh, cool! >> My Keystone in metallic blue mellowed to pretty much a medium gray color; I didn't know the PE would do that as well. My SIL's enamel T5 in brown didn't change, that I could see. I see that on the new 2020 LE version, they now offer the Sunset Red.
Not sure why they don't offer the T6 in enamel..?

Very nice looking stove and unique hearth protection. Beautiful to say the least.