Thelin on battery power during Sandy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadDad320

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jul 13, 2008
NW New Jersey
Had my Thelin running on a 12 volt battery jumper pack during the 5 day power outage.... I was getting about 2.5 hours running medium before depleting the charge... Kept recharging the battery at a place that had electric. 6 plus hours for a full charge... Made my own cables using the description in the manual..... Everyone in the house was very happy when that stove fired up with the battery....

ran mine on a battery also for 4 days without power. A group 24 deep cycle battery lasted 2 days before I had to charge it. By the way, the Thelin worked just fine running on my generator whenever I fired that up for the fridge and freezer. It was nice to at least have a warm house for the duration.

Status
Not open for further replies.