Thermostats

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vinelife

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 31, 2010
Way Up North Michigan
I have a Santa Fe by Quadrafire. Been using the LUX mechanical thermo for years. Looking at getting a digital one, but would like heat only and would like to be able to adjust the " swing " settings. Can anyone suggest one ?

Also another question is when they say the swing rate is +1/-1 does that mean if its set to 70 that it will go up to 71 and turn off and then back on at 69 ?

Ty..

Lux pro makes one that’s adjustable. No swing means if your set at 70 it kicks off and on one degree away from what your set at. +1 would be 2 degrees. At least that’s how it works on most. Some will turn it off at the same degree it’s set at if it’s there for a while.

I have the same stove and I use the QuadraFire programable thermostat that came with it. Simple set up a it works great. You can find info on the Quad web site. I’m sure it’s made by Honeywell and costs about the same as other programable thermostats.

Mine came with the mechanical Lux ...