Think THIS thermometer will do me?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the same make and model that I have . . . and that I love.

So have we convinced you that these probe thermometers are quite useful? ;)

Incidentally, if you do a search you'll see that most folks use these still as a rough guide to the temps since there seems to be some discrepancy in the readings . . . in other words, don't take the numbers to be gospel . . . but if you use it as a general tool you'll find them rather useful. For example, I don't take the readings as the truth . . . but I figure if I keep the needle in the middle of the "good" zone I'm doing well.

firefighterjake said:
That's the same make and model that I have . . . and that I love.

So have we convinced you that these probe thermometers are quite useful? ;)

Incidentally, if you do a search you'll see that most folks use these still as a rough guide to the temps since there seems to be some discrepancy in the readings . . . in other words, don't take the numbers to be gospel . . . but if you use it as a general tool you'll find them rather useful. For example, I don't take the readings as the truth . . . but I figure if I keep the needle in the middle of the "good" zone I'm doing well.
Yea I have two of the surface ones and there is at least 150 degrees between the 2, I might get a IR sensor to see which one is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.