Thinking about buying an MS290? Now hear this.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of new 290s on the shelves around here. I would opt for a good used 361 for the same money though.

Thought you were stuck on the "1" series saws??

Selling a 460 to get a 461?

Why buy a Plastic whale of a 290?

Guess people love that name! "Farm Boss" really means something?

Don't sell a Pro saw to get a Homeowners saw.... :(

If you think I'm in the market for a MS290, I thought you knew me better than that. ;)

Just a fair warning for the folks who were in the market for a MS290.

I wonder what they are going to bring in to replace it. They sell a bunch of 290s so I'm surprised they are going to change it. Probably something that can be manufactured just a bit cheaper.

Matt

Went to the dealer today for a new hat and picked his brain regarding the end of the 290. He says it will be replaced by a "291". So it is probably like the end of the 029. An end, but not really.

Matt

291 Has been around for a couple years. It replaces the MS290 maybe in power and a few other specs, but it's $100 more expensive. I had my fingers crossed (I'm not buying, just like to keep up on the market.) they were introducing something at that $400 price point for a homeowner/farm saw but all has been quiet on that front. MS291, 311, and 391 are all much nicer machines than the MS290, 310, 390 models that they replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.