This all I have.... I think I need more

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a forum, it's a support group!

(I scrounged a cord today after saying last week that I was done for the season) :)

keep coming back. we all need each others help.

The only problem i see is that unsplit wood next to your stacks. Get after it!

I broke the wedge on the splitter and its been at the shop for a week now. I'm itching like a guy who rolled in a poison ivy patch.
So I couldn't take it any more and whipped out the fiskars.

Reactions: swagler85
"salottawood" is a term used by those who are perpetually a few splits shy of a full stack. ;lol

If you burned 5 cords last year your gonna need much more wood than that on hand. '11/'12 was one of the warmest winters in years. You better get to work!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
If you burned 5 cords last year your gonna need much more wood than that on hand. '11/'12 was one of the warmest winters in years. You better get to work!
+1, this winters looking like it's going to be cold and snowy up here in the northeast, better get 6-7 per year Mike.

Reactions: Realstone
Just watch out for Code Enforcement. Check your town code for the storage of firewood.

I set a level that was "unrealistic" originally. Some number whereby I would not need wood for a decade. The closer that number came to be, the more I found reason to justify surpassing it. Mainly, I figure I could always sell some. The thought of selling csss (cut, split, stacked, seasoned) wood is another story when your really considering it though. Even at 200/cord, I just feel I would be selling myself short. Now I look at is as "going green" by harvesting downed trees that would otherwise rot. Next year I will figure out another excuse.

I agree 200 a cord is peanuts. Everytime I think I might sell some I realize that each cord is worth 500 - 600 a month if I had to buy propane.

I agree 200 a cord is peanuts. Everytime I think I might sell some I realize that each cord is worth 500 - 600 a month if I had to buy propane.

In the beginning I said "oh yeah this is great I will have so much excess I can start selling it"
Then I realized there really isn't ever going to be any excess and even if there was(which there won't) there is NO WAY I'm selling it!

Status
Not open for further replies.