This one goes to 11, Fisher Grandpa R

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trailhead

Oct 11, 2017
Point Petre, Canada
Hey! Very happy to have found you all!
fishergrandpa.JPG

Intro; TC here, I'm building a Earth Coupled Solar Home on the Lower Great Lakes Canadian Shield. One of several heat sources for hydronics will be burning wood. I'd like to catch some of the lost heat. I've recently installed a Grandpa I found locally. It's my first indoor system so I'm taking it slow. I've been an outdoor burner for many years.
I've read some threads about Baffles and after burners but, would like your guidance as I go along. My first goal is a baffle. Can the baffle have secondary air incorporated? My stove has rear output, how does this effect mods? Rear or top output, pros/cons?

Cheers and Thnx,
TC

Last edited: