this weeks wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
scored some nice red oak this week. and got plenty more to get and the guy i got it from is gonna be taking down about 3 more good size oaks. should be getting it all. the piles are growing fast.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 265
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 271
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 266
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 267
ecocavalier02 said:
scored some nice red oak this week. and got plenty more to get and the guy i got it from is gonna be taking down about 3 more good size oaks. should be getting it all. the piles are growing fast.

ecocavalier02, looks like you've been busy, when do you start selling some wood.

Zap

Trying to get a nice stock pile first. i may wait till fall to start sellin it. if i get a crap load where its in my way then i will start selling it sooner. the one good thing with the price of oil going up is that the price of wood is going up around here. green oak is selling a around 200 bucks cord.

ecocavalier02 said:
Trying to get a nice stock pile first. i may wait till fall to start sellin it. if i get a crap load where its in my way then i will start selling it sooner. the one good thing with the price of oil going up is that the price of wood is going up around here. green oak is selling a around 200 bucks cord.

Nice price if your selling, I think some trees would be coming down on our property for that price.

Zap

Sweet score Eco. How are you dealing with the varying lengths for selling it?

Red oak. Sweet! Good luck on the sales.

SolarAndWood said:
Sweet score Eco. How are you dealing with the varying lengths for selling it?
I'm just cutting it 16 inches for now.
In the future If I grow I will hopefully have repeat customers and cut it what they want. Also maybe a wood lot in the future. Currently getting to know some tree service companies to get my foot in the door just just have logs either dropped off or I can pick them up in the trailer.

Starting slow for sure. I'm really enjoying doing it. I look forward to the work.

Backwoods Savage said:
Red oak. Sweet! Good luck on the sales.
yea and he's dropping 3 more red oaks which he said are all mine. He's just Paying the guy a few hundred to drop them. Then i come in and cut it up for free I'm doing him a favor he said. So this is how I'm slowly building my reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.