Thoughts about a NOS Regency Classic I2400M wood fireplace insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

paredown

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
Jan 11, 2009
Lower Hudson New York
No word yet on when the parts might arrive for my F600, so I have started checking on what's available in inserts.

Fireplace Direct is quoting December manufacturing for an Osburn 3500--one that I have been considering --delivery by late December/early January.

I did spot a Regency Classic I2400M wood fireplace insert--NOS (new old stock)--everything looks to be there including both sizes of plates and the blower. For sale by a private individual.

He's asking $2000--so I thought I would ask the fire meisters what they think about this insert and/or price...

A year ago I would have said it’s too high. Today feel high but….. it’s a stove from a good manufacturer and it’s available. Point of comparison. You could get this Drolet 1500 1.9 cu ft with liner for 1800$. Add the cost of an insulation wrap 3-400$. Drolet has a bigger one too, the 1800i. I like the looks of the Regency better. I’d probably go with the regency in todays market. Don’t think you could do any better.

Reactions: paredown
That's a great price on a proven reliable unit. As long as it's actually new I wouldn't hesitate to buy that

My sister has had a i2400 for years now...its been a real workhorse...about the only thing that was an annoying issue was the blower rattling, which the dealer just said they all do that...but when I looked at it the blower was just packed with dust/lint/etc...took it out and blew it off with compressed air, rattle fixed, surprise surprise...moved a lot more air afterward too. Can't fault Regency for lack of maintenance.

My sister has had a i2400 for years now...its been a real workhorse...about the only thing that was an annoying issue was the blower rattling, which the dealer just said they all do that...but when I looked at it the blower was just packed with dust/lint/etc...took it out and blew it off with compressed air, rattle fixed, surprise surprise...moved a lot more air afterward too. Can't fault Regency for lack of maintenance.
They can rattle if the spring clips get bent open a little as well. That an easy fix as well. Just smack the clip with a hammer to close it up

No word yet on when the parts might arrive for my F600, so I have started checking on what's available in inserts.

Fireplace Direct is quoting December manufacturing for an Osburn 3500--one that I have been considering --delivery by late December/early January.

I did spot a Regency Classic I2400M wood fireplace insert--NOS (new old stock)--everything looks to be there including both sizes of plates and the blower. For sale by a private individual.

He's asking $2000--so I thought I would ask the fire meisters what they think about this insert and/or price...
The i2400 is a nice insert but it will not be the heat monster or have the longer burn times of the larger Osburn 3500. The firebox is more of an E/W design which restricts full loading unless the splits are around 14" long.