Thoughts on this Stihl MH290 on Craigslist?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NH_Wood said:
KodiakII said:
smokinjay said:
NH_Wood said:
smokinjay said:
Condition is everything.......Now 70.00 off list and no tax's is what your really looking at. So, condition condition condition!

I hear you Jay - unfortunately, I'm not one for knowing if the saw is in great shape, other than looking clean and sounding good! P.S. No sales tax in the great state of NH! ;-) Cheers!

If that saw has only been use 2 times there will be no ???????????'s about it. Take a look and offer a little lower if its perfect!

No question????? What if it had seen a less than desirable fuel oil mix? One never knows when buying used!

Almost forgot... Do yourself a favor- buy a Husky!!! :lol: If you Stihl guys can do it so can I!! ;-P

My Dad bought a new husky about a year ago - not impressed (not and XP). Seemed light and cheap feeling. Like my Dolmar a whole lot better. Cheers!

Where did it come from, a big box store or a dealer? Can't say there is much I don't like about my new 555.

Looks like you might too late. Add deleted by author is what I got when I clicked on the link.

NH_Wood said:
Looking for a second saw - does this seems like a good deal? Cheers!

Take a look at new ones at Still's in Manchester. I think they are $395.00 or so.

herdbull said:
Looks like you might too late. Add deleted by author is what I got when I clicked on the link.

Bummer!

As for the Husky (from posts above), Dad bought it from a small dealer - I want to say it is a 455. Cheers!

NH_Wood said:
herdbull said:

Bummer!

As for the Husky (from posts above), Dad bought it from a small dealer - I want to say it is a 455. Cheers!

All honesty there seems to be a bit of a love hate thing going on with the 455.

Status
Not open for further replies.