Thread titles and user names not displaying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Anyone else having trouble viewing user names, and sometimes even thread titles tonight? Even the text on my Post / Upload File / Preview buttons is gone.

Wondering if the forum is going thru something, or if I need to start running virus scan.

Could also be this Laphroaig 18 I'm sipping, I suppose. ;lol

BrotherBart

Modestorator
Staff member
Either a wacky ad blocker or really good booze.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Good thing I remember exactly where the "Upload file" button is, since mine is a blank shadow box.

Note "pen" is "n".

forum bug 2.JPG forum bug.JPG

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Hmm... just quit and restarted Chrome, and things went back to normal. Weird, as the last session was also a new session in Chrome. Maybe a one-time glitch?

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
I'll apply more Laphroaig, and see if it comes back. ;lol

Reactions: Jags

pen

There are some who call me...mod.
Staff member
Aug 2, 2007
N.E. Penna
For the sake of science and accuracy, I believe a bottle should be sent up to the northern part of the state to see if I can confirm your results.

Reactions: Ashful

BrotherBart

Modestorator
Staff member
At a hundred a bottle the stuff should fix your computer, wash your car and load your stove for ya.

pen

There are some who call me...mod.
Staff member
Aug 2, 2007
N.E. Penna
At a hundred a bottle the stuff should fix your computer, wash your car and load your stove for ya.
Hell, with a 25 buck bottle of McClellands, I end up attempting to do all those things.

Reactions: BrotherBart

BrotherBart

Modestorator
Staff member
I would do all of that for a jug of Glenfiddich 18. :)

Last edited:

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Yeah, this is way more than I usually spend on Scotch, and I'm disappointed. I am not a hard-core Scotch drinker, but have always enjoyed the Balvenie 12 and 15 ($60 and $75), and Macallan 12. I figured I'd try something a little finer this time, like Macallan 18, but they were out the day I hit the store. My eye fell on the Laphroaig 18, and I made an impulse buy.

Based on this, and trying a few other Islay Scotches, I've decided I just don't like Islay Scotch nearly as much as Highland Scotch. In fact, Balvenie 12 is probably my favorite go-to, probably because it is more mild.

I usually gravitate to bourbon, more than Scotch. Most of the bourbons I enjoy are only $35/bottle, versus twice or triple for Scotch.

BrotherBart

Modestorator
Staff member
Bartender: "What can I get you sir?"

Guy: "Bring me a double Glenfiddich, neat."

Bartender: "No ice?"

Guy: "No. In fact before I drink it I close my eyes. So that I don't see it coming and my mouths waters and dilutes it."

Reactions: Ashful and pen

BrotherBart

Modestorator
Staff member
A friend gave me a shirt with that on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.