Thread titles and user names not displaying?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Anyone else having trouble viewing user names, and sometimes even thread titles tonight? Even the text on my Post / Upload File / Preview buttons is gone.

Wondering if the forum is going thru something, or if I need to start running virus scan.

Could also be this Laphroaig 18 I'm sipping, I suppose. ;lol

Either a wacky ad blocker or really good booze.

Ignore feature you mentioned in another thread kicking in? I don't know, never used it, I like everyone ;lol

take a screenshot and paste it in so we can see what you are looking at

Good thing I remember exactly where the "Upload file" button is, since mine is a blank shadow box.

Note "pen" is "n".

forum bug 2.JPG forum bug.JPG

Hmm... just quit and restarted Chrome, and things went back to normal. Weird, as the last session was also a new session in Chrome. Maybe a one-time glitch?

I'll apply more Laphroaig, and see if it comes back. ;lol

Reactions: Jags

For the sake of science and accuracy, I believe a bottle should be sent up to the northern part of the state to see if I can confirm your results.

Reactions: Ashful

At a hundred a bottle the stuff should fix your computer, wash your car and load your stove for ya.

At a hundred a bottle the stuff should fix your computer, wash your car and load your stove for ya.

Hell, with a 25 buck bottle of McClellands, I end up attempting to do all those things.

Reactions: BrotherBart
I would do all of that for a jug of Glenfiddich 18. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, this is way more than I usually spend on Scotch, and I'm disappointed. I am not a hard-core Scotch drinker, but have always enjoyed the Balvenie 12 and 15 ($60 and $75), and Macallan 12. I figured I'd try something a little finer this time, like Macallan 18, but they were out the day I hit the store. My eye fell on the Laphroaig 18, and I made an impulse buy.

Based on this, and trying a few other Islay Scotches, I've decided I just don't like Islay Scotch nearly as much as Highland Scotch. In fact, Balvenie 12 is probably my favorite go-to, probably because it is more mild.

I usually gravitate to bourbon, more than Scotch. Most of the bourbons I enjoy are only $35/bottle, versus twice or triple for Scotch.

Bartender: "What can I get you sir?"

Guy: "Bring me a double Glenfiddich, neat."

Bartender: "No ice?"

Guy: "No. In fact before I drink it I close my eyes. So that I don't see it coming and my mouths waters and dilutes it."

Reactions: Ashful and pen
A friend gave me a shirt with that on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.