Three dog night load.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
That can’t be the same dog?

Reactions: MagdalenaP
It was -60F here two weeks ago.
Pine did the job, as usual. It helped to keep the kitchen stove also burning from breakfast to lights out.
Both dogs tried to stay inside by the fire ...... they tend to keep pretty quiet after -35 and hope we overlook their presence.

They're not male is on chair female on leash,both are Czech imports,less than two years old,male is 105 ,female is 85 lbs,one of best lines in world,look at the males substance.

They're not male is on chair female on leash,both are Czech imports,less than two years old,male is 105 ,female is 85 lbs,one of best lines in world,look at the males substance.
Perfect head on the male dog. Mine was a mix. German father blood line and polish mother blood line.

I'm thinking you mean my Irish Wolfhound, in the 2 side by side pics. Yes, same dog. First pic he's about 4-5 months, second maybe 8 months. They grow fast. He's still not done growing. He's a bit taller than my avatar pic. My cane corso walks under him all the time now lol.

Wood stove related pic, cause when I was replacing the door gasket it was cold, so I put them in my old greyhound's coats lol.

Attachments

• 69096009_360023498266393_1659691868457271296_o.jpg
    69096009_360023498266393_1659691868457271296_o.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 89
I'm thinking you mean my Irish Wolfhound, in the 2 side by side pics. Yes, same dog. First pic he's about 4-5 months, second maybe 8 months. They grow fast. He's still not done growing. He's a bit taller than my avatar pic. My cane corso walks under him all the time now lol.

Wood stove related pic, cause when I was replacing the door gasket it was cold, so I put them in my old greyhound's coats lol.
I meant the shepherds. My Shepard’s best buddy was Irish wolfhound. My dog could walk underneath the hound! Mine being a female.......the hound was super submissive young male. It was funny to watch.

Reactions: MagdalenaP
My brother built a house in the mountains of Tennessee, south west of Knoxville, he had his crawl space encapsulated and could not be happier with it. His hardwood floors are always warm.
I did this when we put the house on a new foundation in 2006. It made a major difference. The temp down there rarely drops below 60º now and the floor are much more comfy.

Female picture reminds me of my cat when I take him to the vet

Reactions: Diabel
It was -60F here two weeks ago.
Pine did the job, as usual. It helped to keep the kitchen stove also burning from breakfast to lights out.
Both dogs tried to stay inside by the fire ...... they tend to keep pretty quiet after -35 and hope we overlook their presence.

Nice dogs, we have only owned German Shepherds in our 30 years of marriage, and they are wonderful. We buy from the same breeder every time, who is a friend and DVM. She only uses Belgian/ Czech bloodlines. The American Kennel Club ruined the American Shepherd, they are not supposed to have that long nose and long sloping back. Blocky head and blocky hips, is were it's at. I hate that they have such a short life span though, our oldest Ava is 12, and has DM, and our youngest Jager is 5, and he is a moma's boy. Mess with her and you'll see the teeth.

Reactions: Diabel
I load my stove across, I can get way more wood in it that way. I also split my wood pretty big . A lot of these are actually on the small side. I always have coals in the morning, actually I can keep coals for 24 hours if I bank it carefully. My firebox is 25 " deep, 16" high and 20" wide approx. (can't really measure it right now, (or until spring for that matter) I probably only start 4 or 5 fires a season, it just never goes out, I actually never even turned my furnace on until yesterday morning when the temperature dropped to -12 and breezy. If I split it smaller it would hold more pieces but I doubt it would burn as long. I generally stuff it about 9:30 and at 6 am, I get up and re-load.
20200215_135029.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear :( Dogs are such a wonderful part of life. I lost my greyhound & mastiff within 6 weeks of each other (my only dogs at that time), it was brutal. Both cancer. I searched around the rescue groups, and am glad I waited, cause when I saw this girl (white face, black body cane corso), I knew she was the right one for me. Then we adopted the Irish Wolfhound. When the time is right, I hope you open your home to another...life is just better with a dog in it :)

Putting that dog down was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. Maybe because he got sick very suddenly... bowel obstruction. Emergency surgery was only 50/50 but we did it anyways. Gave us another four days with him at least. Only 3 years old.

My house doesn’t hold heat worth a damn. I’m dedicating this spring/summer to air sealing and insulating.

oh and encapsulating the crawl space.

This. I have an old granite foundation. Too afraid to encapsulate it completely because I don’t know how it’s going to change the moisture. In the house, but i definitely need to repoint it. My floors are very drafty.

Anyways, back up to 16 degrees outside and 72 in the house. Life is good again.

If it gets over 68 in here I have to open a window. I'm not the one too hot, I just have to open the window. I wake up many winter mornings to find the windows open and the inside temp about 64.