Time to empty the ash, after ~3 tons burned...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainK

Aug 29, 2014
Maine
Ok so system installed in late April, and we have more pellets on order as the 3 Ton hopper is nearing empty. And today, for the first time, I have an ash warning.

So the ash compacter is finally full, and ready to empty. It took longer then I thought it would, not that I'm complaining. I'm actually rather impressed.

So supposedly it will run for 3 more days, trying to run the ash clean sequence, as long as it continues to fail, after 3 days the boiler will shutdown.

Got me curious and visited the MeSys website. Very impressive. I guess the reason there's not many MeSys owners post here is that it's uneventful. Apparently U.S. made? How large is your home, what model do you have, and I assume you have radiant. A number of BioWin users here (Velvet above) and Heaterman wrote a favorable review. I expect I'll reach an age when wood processing will become impractical so watching the pellet technology. Keep us informed. Congrats

Tennman,

Austrian design, however MEsys has the rights to make them here. So US assembled maybe more accurate. ;) 1940ish Bungalow ~1400sqft heated space and an unheated daylight basement.

It is a MESys PellematicS20 Model PES20. Capable of 68,300btu/h, but turned down to 51,000btu/h. It can be set as low as 41,000btu/h.

Yes, radiant heat retrofit.

A good friend of ours bought the Kedel system for his huge house, and cut his heating bill by nearly %40 after seeing how it worked we considered the Kedel for a while, but the cleaning frequency along with ash removal needs would not fit our busy schedules, hence the MESys. Our biggest savings has been in our electric bill, since we no longer have an electric water heater.

It is easy, they come and fill, it warns when the ash is full, and I empty. That's about it. Yearly scheduled maintenance/cleaning just like the oil burner. I will do my best to answer any questions. Its a learning experience for me too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.