Time to Make our Insert Dream a Reality!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan/trooper - I have actually seen your thread - nice stove! Two questions since you are here--> which thermostat did you end up with, and did you find a good place on the stove for it?

Congrats on the stove purchase, Aboy! Maybe we can share stories as we both get used to our new stoves. I haven't purchased a thermostat yet, but when I do it will be the Condar Inferno. As for placement I think I will start out by placing it on the cooktop area that protrudes out from the front of the fireplace..

When is your install planned? Don't forget you need to have 3 burn-in fires of increasing intensity prior to first "real" fire. I have yet to do my burn-ins; way too hot to be lighting even small fires right now.

Ratings systems on some websites are seriously overrated. Take them with a grain of salt when the responses are overwhelmingly positive. They're probably filtering out the worst reviews on that site or someone that works for the company is salting the pork.

Status
Not open for further replies.