1. Dale Gross

Dale Gross
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 18, 2008
    Loc:
    North Shore Ma
    Hello,
    Has anyone heard or know anything about the Belkomin TIS line of wood boilers made in Belarus ? There is a company Mbtek selling them from Canada.
    Thank You

2. velvetfoot

velvetfoot
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 5, 2005
    Loc:
    Sand Lake, NY
    http://mbtek.ca/
    Interesting. Natural vs. reverse gasification. A little less efficient. Modulates down to 30%. $3000CA for 35kW. Pellet Duo (dual fuel) available for 900 more. Interesting.

3. leon

leon
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Feb 3, 2013
    Loc:
    Southern Finger Lakes Region of New York
    I would rather see you invest in an EFM, AHS, Axeman Anderson or Leisure Line Coal Stoker boiler
    if you intend to burn coal. the problem is the required CSA/UL/ASME certification and welding for insurance coverage.
    They may build good boilers; but if you buy one and you have a seam failure or bad controis your out $3K plus.

BEEN THERE DONE THAT with bad controls and lousy plumbers!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. maple1

maple1
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 15, 2011
    Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    He said nothing about coal.

5. maple1

maple1
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 15, 2011
    Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    I've never heard of these.

First thing I would ask the seller, is if it was CSA certified or not. That's on this side of the border - not sure what would apply south of the border, if unsure I would ask my insurance agent what certification they would need on your new boiler to insure it.

Secondly - by the look of the diagram in the manual I found, it doesn't exactly look like a gasifier. The diagram might not be an accurate representation - but would make me ask more questions.

First impression - looks interesting but raises suspicions.

6. S.Whiplash

S.Whiplash
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 28, 2012
    UL/CSA is a standard requirement for wood boilers sold in N.A. which I seriously doubt this one has and that's the first thing an insurance inspector will look for. There's hundreds of European brands but very few of them make it across the pond because they don't want to pay for the proper certifications. This boiler reminds me of the early days of gasification boilers when people were importing un-certified wood boilers directly from kotly.com in Poland, all to save a few bucks. I wonder how many of those units are still running now, 10 years later....

7. BoiledOver

BoiledOver
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Apr 14, 2013
    Loc:
    Right Here
    Looks to be every bit worth the cost. Bottom of the Eko line (the 25) is currently listed on sale for $3680US. http://www.newhorizonstore.com/Products/88-eko-gasification-boiler.aspx

By the looks of the design, it would be a warm bottom end and hot top end while secondary combustion is occurring. Not a bad thing at all. Is that a bypass flap in the diagram (unlisted)? A snip from the Uni manual pdf, notice the 3 and 10 year period for the boiler body:

Biler.PNG

Another snip from the manual pdf:

Biler02.PNG

8. maple1

maple1
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 15, 2011
    Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    I'm not so sure how hot that top end is. Looks like it's surrounded by water? (Except for the door area). Unless the diagram isn't quite accurate.

Kinda reminds me of other units that had something similar - that suggested a secondary combustion 'gasifying' area, but it didn't really work that way.

Yes, that looks like a bypass flap.

The lack of a CSA/ULC listing/sticker would be enough on its own for me to pass on - unless maybe I was putting it in a shed that I could take a complete loss on without insurance. Far enough away from the house to prevent damage or affect some kind of other claim there - not saying it would hurt the house, but insurance companies will try really hard to get out of paying claims and a boiler without a sticker would give them something to hammer at/with.

9. bgs

bgs
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 6, 2017
    Loc:
    vermont
    Curious if you went through in purchasing one of these boilers? I am considering one.