TMS 2346 wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

somy505

Dec 23, 2013
Alamogordo nm
Hello have a few questions, I got a little wood burning stove TMS 2346 works great burns hot I was thinking of installing it in a small 10x12 cabin, I was going to modify the pipe to go into the stove 2 3/4 collar fully aware of creosote build up, I also plan on setting it on 3x5 wonderboard + tiles on the floor and on the rear + a pipe shield I was going to keep it 18 to 24" from rear and from ceiling, using 34" single wall 2 3/4 pipe that came with it, then use the Duravent ac 3100 4" kit, adapt the 2 3/4 stove pipe to 3 to 4 connecter to the 4" double sided elbow from 3100 kit and add double sided 4" Duravent to AC3100 kit through thimble attach to the T and up the roof add more 4" double sided Duravent to reach the roof, I like the 3" clearance from wall. I asked Home Depot as I was getting ready to buy the AC3000 229 + tax Its 3" double sided, the guy asked where I was installing Its going to Cloudcroft NM 8600 ft elevation then he suggested the 4" AC 3100 kit its for higher elevations and vents better I mentioned the 6" and they said it would overdraft and would probably require a damper to adjust the vent. They think the 4" kit is perfect for a tiny stove with a tiny 2 3/4 collar. I think 6" would be expensive and a bit overkill for a tiny stove, but still consider it. Its a secluded small 10x12 cabin and space is really tight that little stove measures 10W x 18L x 11H it measures 26H with the legs installed it heats up great, cooks, and would fit just right. Also sadly there are no kits for that specific stove and it came with no instructions or clearance recommendation but it works great thinking of getting another for my 18 x 20 sheet metal garage. My question is can I use the pellet stove AC 3100 horizontal kit for a small wood burning stove? I think this kit would get me going in the right direction with a few additions or is 6" A class chimney pipe a code requirement regardless of stove size? Thanks for all the info. have a great weakened and wish you all happy holidays. -sd

My question is can I use the pellet stove AC 3100 horizontal kit for a small wood burning stove?

6" would be overkill for a portable stove this small. I don't think pellet stove pipe is rated for this application. Call TMS and see what they recommend, not sure they intended on it being installed in a cabin, but rather to be used outdoors or in tents.

Hello have a few questions, I got a little wood burning stove TMS 2346 works great burns hot I was thinking of installing it in a small 10x12 cabin, I was going to modify the pipe to go into the stove 2 3/4 collar fully aware of creosote build up, I also plan on setting it on 3x5 wonderboard + tiles on the floor and on the rear + a pipe shield I was going to keep it 18 to 24" from rear and from ceiling, using 34" single wall 2 3/4 pipe that came with it, then use the Duravent ac 3100 4" kit, adapt the 2 3/4 stove pipe to 3 to 4 connecter to the 4" double sided elbow from 3100 kit and add double sided 4" Duravent to AC3100 kit through thimble attach to the T and up the roof add more 4" double sided Duravent to reach the roof, I like the 3" clearance from wall. I asked Home Depot as I was getting ready to buy the AC3000 229 + tax Its 3" double sided, the guy asked where I was installing Its going to Cloudcroft NM 8600 ft elevation then he suggested the 4" AC 3100 kit its for higher elevations and vents better I mentioned the 6" and they said it would overdraft and would probably require a damper to adjust the vent. They think the 4" kit is perfect for a tiny stove with a tiny 2 3/4 collar. I think 6" would be expensive and a bit overkill for a tiny stove, but still consider it. Its a secluded small 10x12 cabin and space is really tight that little stove measures 10W x 18L x 11H it measures 26H with the legs installed it heats up great, cooks, and would fit just right. Also sadly there are no kits for that specific stove and it came with no instructions or clearance recommendation but it works great thinking of getting another for my 18 x 20 sheet metal garage. My question is can I use the pellet stove AC 3100 horizontal kit for a small wood burning stove? I think this kit would get me going in the right direction with a few additions or is 6" A class chimney pipe a code requirement regardless of stove size? Thanks for all the info. have a great weakened and wish you all happy holidays. -sd

Just got this off of Home depot website from 4" AC 3100 kit
The Simpson DuraVent 4 in. Multi-Fuel Venting System contains all needed pieces for a pellet- or multi-fuel stove venting system. It is adjustable and offers secure, twist-lock connections. Multi fuel? does that include wood?

Just got this off of Home depot website from 4" AC 3100 kit
The Simpson DuraVent 4 in. Multi-Fuel Venting System contains all needed pieces for a pellet- or multi-fuel stove venting system. It is adjustable and offers secure, twist-lock connections. Multi fuel? does that include wood?
Just to be sure, post a link to the product?

I don't think so. This is for pellet stoves. Multi-fuel meaning compressed wood pellets, corn, olivepits etc.

Thanks for all the info, we have thought about it and decided to go with a real EPA approved stove and after researching many stoves we really like the big windowed Englender vl-17 its small but has a great footprint its got better clearances and a lot safer we are investing on 6" stove and chimney pipe instead. Just wondering can you cook or boil water on the vl-17? H Depot has them for $549. new w out the fan, would you recommend a factory refurbished blemished 349? whats the difference? We know its still a lot of stove for a tiny 10x12 x8' cabin has a 7' loft on top with a balcony off the grid and lots of firewood every ware.

You might want to look into a marine stove.

I have an uninsulated cabin with a 12x16 x7 front room, that is very exposed on a lake in Adk mountains and a little 1 cubic foot Century will comfortably into the single digits.

You may also want to look into propane as a 100lb tank should heat that for a long while.

Status
Not open for further replies.