To trivet or not to trivet (pic)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfk4th

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2007
NY
Well now I have two steamers on my Avalon and one has a trivet the other does not. The one without steams away and I fill it twice a day...not a problem. The other with a trivet does not steam, water boils a little and I fill it about every two or three days. Stupid me ordered another trivet for the other steamer but I might not use a trivet at all since I am getting steam from the steamer :lol:

I know a trivet is supposed to protect the stove but it seems I am adding more moisture in the room without one, no dry throats. Should I keep both off?

Help

I took a pic but very dark this time of night..... :)

Attachments

• 1116081950a.jpg
    1116081950a.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 318
You pretty much summed it up...save the stove, reduce the moisture out - risk the stove finish and have a steamy tropical atmosphere.

I can't tell you what to do, but I don't use any trivets - stove top gets a few scuffs and a bit of rust - this can be minimized by not scraping the steamers across the top of the stove and being careful when they are filled. But overall - just the way it is when humidifying with stove top steamers.

The trivet allows air to take heat away before it gets to the water. The steam is what you want so you need the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.