Today's C/L score and prior scores CSS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elderthewelder

Minister of Fire
Scored a truck load of Doug Fir off C/L today, some of it bucked kinda thin, but that is OK. I figure close to a cord

Here are my stacks from prior C/L scores that I have CSS. It is all Doug Fir and Big Leaf Maple. About 6 cord, 3 are ready to burn next season, plus the cord in the truck and another in the back yard still needing split gives me about 8 cord total

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 298
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 287
  • P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 295
CSS pics

Attachments

• P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 281
  • P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 273
  • P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 274
Elderthewelder said:
Scored a truck load of Doug Fir off C/L today, some of it bucked kinda thin, but that is OK. I figure close to a cord

Here are my stacks from prior C/L scores that I have CSS. It is all Doug Fir and Big Leaf Maple. About 6 cord, 3 are ready to burn next season, plus the cord in the truck and another in the back yard still needing split gives me about 8 cord total

Nice score Elderthewelder, how do you split the huge rounds?

Zap

zapny said:
Elderthewelder said:

Nice score Elderthewelder, how do you split the huge rounds?

Zap

on the real big ones I either quarter them with wedge/sledge or set the Iron & Oak up vertical and quarter them. After I get a lot of them quartered I put the splitter back to horizontal and continue splitting

Those rounds will separate the men from the boys!

Billy

PapaDave said:
Now, I'm just gonna' wait for Dennis to show up. :lol:

:lol: Ya Dave. Why would one split partial vertically and then move to horizontal? Beats me.

Elder, those things can make you work up a sweat! I'll bet it was fun loading too.

Backwoods Savage said:
PapaDave said:
Now, I'm just gonna' wait for Dennis to show up. :lol:

:lol: Ya Dave. Why would one split partial vertically and then move to horizontal? Beats me.

Elder, those things can make you work up a sweat! I'll bet it was fun loading too.

Loading was a breeze, they were right at the road, parked right next to them. Me and my big strong 17 year old son rolled them up on the hydraulic lift gate and into the truck.

As for the splitting, I find it easier to split horizontal, however for those big ones it goes vertical to quarter them. just takes a minute to change over. kind of a strange way to do it I know, but it works for me

Feels good to be loaded up on wood huh? I like that shed you have, nice and simple but does the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.