Too hot of a flue question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Welderman85

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2017
Chesaning MI
Hello all I have a thin wall flex liner and I check the temp just above the appliance connector. I go by a temp range I got from the great folks on this fourm. My question is last night I was working in the garage and got side tracked. When I came in I heard the alarm from my auber going off . I a aid I hit a max temp of 535 I typically don't let it get over 400 in that spot. I'm not sure how long it was that hot but it was under 25 mins at most. Could that have damaged anything. Thanks

It happens. The liner is designed to take higher temps for short periods of time. It's helpful to carry a timer when away from the stove as it is heating up. A cell phone timer with a loud alarm works well.