Too *&^% warm!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

My_3_Girls

Burning Hunk
Aug 7, 2006
Massachusetts
It's Sunday, couple days before Christmas, chipping the icedams off the roof, and it's 52.9 degrees F at 11:30 at night!!!! What's a woodburner to do? I threw some small splits in the ol' Kennebec this morning to take the chill off, went outside to clean up some ice........ 12 hours later, it's damn near April! I put a few splits in about 10pm, and dampered down.......I guess I'll be sleeping with the windows open while Kris Kringle is up on the roof!!!

enjoy it while you can , tomorrow its susposed to get cold again.

I know, first time in a month I stopped burning 24/7 , kind of fun not to have to , for just a bit.

I just think of all the extra firewood,pellets & fuel oil i'll have left over, for when it really gets cold!

Don't really need fuel oil but for 96 yr old mom, who insists on 78 deg in the far reaches of the house. So, I run the money burner for a few warm up cycles, every day, when she complains, to make her happy. Still 1/2 the heating cost of all money burner heating.

Thermo reads 76 deg & she complains that its cold; sheesh, no blood circulation at her age ,I guess.

You got that right, fespo.

If she ever gets too sick to complain, that's when i know i'm in real trouble!

I do love her, & I do every thing I can for her, but it's a job & then some.

All the cooking, dishwashing ,laundry,house cleaning & shopping. Home repairs & what ever else she wants & she lives in my house for free, to boot.

eernest4 said:
All the cooking, dishwashing ,laundry,house cleaning & shopping. Home repairs & what ever else she wants & she lives in my house for free, to boot.

Sounds like what she did when you were little.

Hope my kids take care of me like that. (they say the will)
I didn't even do anything this AM for heat. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.