Took a walk in the white death today...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

onion

Burning Hunk
Nov 3, 2009
Ohio
Just bought the house a few months back...first real snow I've gotten since moving in.

Don't think I'll get to the driveway tonight...or ever really.

IMGP1053.png

The backyard is 5 acres of maple/oak/hickory. Mostly smallish, around 10-20" dbh. If you look hard you can see the one laying down that I was hoping to get to this weekend.

IMGP1019.png

The front yard is 3 acres with a few bigger maples.

IMGP1030.png

The obligatory pic of the woodstacks with snow on them. This is about 1/3 of my total. Mostly delivered.

IMGP1020.png

My buddy was a little bent out of shape when I told him it was time to head inside.

What.png

delivered?? man u got to get to cutting, id get a better saw 1st however.

Nice pics looks like your getting the same weather we're getting

ohio woodburner said:
Nice pics looks like your getting the same weather we're getting

Pretty much, I'm in SW Ohio. Probably not quite as windy. I went to BGSU so I am familiar with the howling winds around this time of year.

argus66 said:
delivered?? man u got to get to cutting, id get a better saw 1st however.

Unfortunately that was my only real choice. As for the saw, well the IRS is going to give me a big chunk of my (and your) money back with my tax refund so a saw should be in the works for that...after I pay off the insert I ordered, buy a zero turn mower and pay off the credit cards bills from home improvements/repairs and christmas gifts.

just got home from BG a couple hours ago ya its pretty windy tonight lots of open fields plus we got some real powdery snow today

Just get a good sharp chain on that saw, keep it sharp, let 'er rip, you'll be fine. I love my Craftsman.

Very pretty. Cute dog too! How much snow did you get?

About 5 inches it looks like...although it is snowing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.