Tough day at the office

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming
I operate oil and gas wells in Wyoming. There have been 3 different herds of elk in my route recently. Here is a couple days worth of photos.

Attachments

• DSC04492.jpg
    DSC04492.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 670
  • DSC04493.jpg
    DSC04493.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 650
  • DSC04539.jpg
    DSC04539.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 636
  • DSC04466_2.jpg
    DSC04466_2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 650
  • DSC04513.jpg
    DSC04513.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 650
How awesome !!

bfunk13 said:
I operate oil and gas wells in Wyoming. There have been 3 different herds of elk in my route recently. Here is a couple days worth of photos.

Great pictures, have you ever heard of Ultra Petroleum?

zap

No i have not Zap, out here we have BP, Anadarko, Devon, and some smaller companies.

You must be doin' something right over there...none of those Elk are covered with oil. :p (Nice pics of those majestic creatures! There are worse places to work, as I'm sure you know.) Rick

That looks like a massive bull! I can see why people say they are so dangerous during the rut!

Great pics . . . thanks for sharing.

I love Wyoming. You are blessed. That is a massive stag.

I also spent alot of time in Jackson. The elk preserve is really a sight to see when there's thousands of elk out there in the winter. I guess they don't come down from the higher elevations until the snow covers the food. Must be great seeing them everyday at work.

We'd drive through the elk preserve and into Gros Ventre, Moose Junction, and the antelope flats. We'd see Moose, Buffalo, prong horns, Elk. What a cool place.

Thanks for posting the Pic's!

Yeah, i see a few mule deer out there. Was a nice very wide (32") buck around but never got a picture. They are a bit more spooky then the elk though.

Status
Not open for further replies.