Tracking Pellet Usage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The website requires a CSV plug in. I just checked the sight and all data is there. Also the local utilities track HDD on there websites.:)
Ah! Makes sense that I could see it as I often need to download data and likely had a CSV plugin installed. Thanks for clarifying. (To the person with question about it - should be a free plugin available online - just do a search).

Good morning Madcodger and thanks for piping in!

The website requires a CSV plug in. I just checked the sight and all data is there. Also the local utilities track HDD on there websites.:)

I went to the site again. I entered KAGC for my weather station. Then I clicked on "generate degree days". When the report is done generating I click on download. I save it to my hard drive. I click on the file to open it in openoffice.org. And I get one line in chinese or japanese. I do not understand why.

And what is a CSV plugin

CSV is an abbreviation for Comma Separated Value. It's one common method used to separate indiivdual vales in a stream of data so that a program knows where one item (a value) stops and another begins. For example an address might look like John,Smith,123 main street,Anytown,PA,12345.

A plugin is just a little (often free) additional program that runs within your browser to do certain additional things. Phil notes that one that can handle CSV files is needed, and that might be the root of your problems,

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.