Trail Opened Up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I finally cut up this rotten beech which will allow me access to up top. I decided to make a run up after clearing away the beech and hauled out a nice load of sugar maple that I cut,split and stacked last year, had someone keeping a close eye on me and standing her ground.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_3049.jpg
    100_3049.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 304
  • 100_3289.jpg
    100_3289.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 313
  • 100_3286.jpg
    100_3286.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 314
  • 100_3287.jpg
    100_3287.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 315
looks good zap. always jealous of that property you have there.

ecocavalier02 said:
looks good zap. always jealous of that property you have there.

ecocavalier thanks, how is the baby doing?

zap

Hes doing good. Hes getting ready for his first firework show that im going to be putting on, on sunday so im looking forward to that. lol.

Nice pictures. The deer around here are more curious than cats. If we go out to cut wood, some deer is always back in the brush watching the action. My little dog made a run at one a couple of weeks ago and she just stiffened her neck. I thought the dog was about to take a whipping. He chickened out and ran right past her like she warn't there. We got a big kick out of that. He made it look good, peed on a couple of weeds and circled around back to the house. The doe never gave an inch.

JimboM said:
Nice pictures. The deer around here are more curious than cats. If we go out to cut wood, some deer is always back in the brush watching the action. My little dog made a run at one a couple of weeks ago and she just stiffened her neck. I thought the dog was about to take a whipping. He chickened out and ran right past her like she warn't there. We got a big kick out of that. He made it look good, peed on a couple of weeds and circled around back to the house. The doe never gave an inch.

The fawns are around up here and I'm thinking it was around the area. I have some video of last years doe coming out of the woods wanting to stomp the cat.

zap

Zap I'm continually impressed with you and your dedication! Come summer time you can't hardly get me to pick up a saw as it's all about camping and fishing, call me lazy I guess :)
Keep up the good work!

JimboM said:

This brings to mind a dog I knew once who spent about 15 minutes stalking, then charging, a concrete rabbit. Talk about a foolish look on his face once he had pounced...

Oops, another thought comes bubbling up: This one involved a pen into which a female Beagle and a male wild rabbit had been placed. Idea was, the dog would learn to chase the rabbit. Problem was, the Beagle was in heat. After two circuits of the pen the dog stopped and the rabbit got down to business. Funny look on the dog's face translated to, "Is this the way this is supposed to go?" I swear this is true. There were pictures. (Sorry, I don't have them).

Apologies for hijacking the thread. Getting back to it, I'm thinking maybe Momma had a fawn nearby?

Nancy

Great pictures Zap.

The deer obviously likes work, well, at least she likes watching you work ;-)

That deer is just supervising the job.

certified106 said:
Zap I'm continually impressed with you and your dedication! Come summer time you can't hardly get me to pick up a saw as it's all about camping and fishing, call me lazy I guess :)
Keep up the good work!

cerified106, if I didn't sell just over four cord the pictures would be of me cleaning up some pine that came down during some storms around the house. By the end of July I'll have replaced the four cord plus.

zap

woodchip and sav, she said I was a slow worker and until I get out of first gear no PAY!

zap

loon said:
3rd pic is pretty cool zap ;-)

loon

Loon, we'll have the old MTD 20 ton up top in another week or so.

Zap

:cheese:
zapny said:
woodchip and sav, she said I was a slow worker and until I get out of first gear no PAY!

zap

Tell her if she dont like that gear, she sure as heck isnt going to like the other gear!

I had a boss one time who was always telling me I could find another gear. Dang that was tough. It was route work and I was really swamped. Never could get any help but when I left that company they had to split my route almost in half because nobody else could get it done! Naturally, I called my old boss and suggested his people find another gear...

Status
Not open for further replies.