Trailer storage tent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit, that vertical style in 12x21 size might be the perfect fit, and it’s only $1200 installed. Not as pretty as a wood structure, but damn cheap and might not look bad in the right colors. Thank you for posting that @spoon959.
Yes, this looks like a great solution. Maybe paint the frame a nice natural wood-like brown, and... $1,200 installed!

Now I'm thinking about one for our cars, 24x21. $2,400. Just that much less snow to shovel off the driveway would be worth it alone.

Last edited:
Glad to offer another choice. We've had ours for almost 3 years now. It's stood up to a couple or 3 feet of snow, strong winds, rain, etc. It keeps my camper nice and dry. Money well spent in my opinion.

I have to admit, that vertical style in 12x21 size might be the perfect fit, and it’s only $1200 installed. Not as pretty as a wood structure, but damn cheap and might not look bad in the right colors. Thank you for posting that @spoon959.

PA was not listed for all in price. Neither is NJ.

some places have different codes, the only sure way about it is call your town office and ask what the wind and snow load ratings are that they will accept. then you may have to call to get an accurate price. some of the places let you change the rating on there estimators

PA was not listed for all in price. Neither is NJ.
I'll have to go back and read the fine print, but I thought I had seen PA listed as one of the states in which they do installation.

Glad to offer another choice. We've had ours for almost 3 years now. It's stood up to a couple or 3 feet of snow, strong winds, rain, etc. It keeps my camper nice and dry. Money well spent in my opinion.
The port I put up is a 22x30 and like I said it now has full sides and the full back. I got mine from Menards and I bought the optional snow braces that attach to the vertical frame rails about 2 feet below the bend where start to go horizontal then attach again a few feet on the roof part of the rails. I’ll take a photo soon and edit this post with one.

Jan- We are hosting a remedial interweb surfing class on February 29 this year that you might consider attending.

https://store.alansfactoryoutlet.co...port-north-p/12x21-vertical-carport-north.htm

Where in this text do you see PA and NJ listed?

Metal Carport Prices

Below are the metal carport prices which include free delivery and installation in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.

The fact that they service the state does not mean it is included in the price.

Metal Carport Prices

Below are the metal carport prices which include free delivery and installation in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.

I saw this on their page

e vertical roof metal carports shown here include free delivery and installation in District of Columbia (DC), Indiana (IN), Maryland (MD), New Jersey (NJ), New York (NY), Ohio (OH) and Pennsylvania (PA). Delivery area may not be available in all locations. Delivery area may not be available in all locations.

Metal Carport Prices

Here's the screenshot from the PA specific search.

Screenshot_2018-02-08-22-25-44.png

Well, they obviously contradict statements on different pages of their own website.
You were just on the page for a different region, no contradiction. Still room in the class on the 29th if you're interested. And the good news is, the new Pijpelink carport is indeed available installed in NJ! Just imagine, all the time you'll save scraping ice off the cars in the morning in winter.

You were just on the page for a different region, no contradiction. Still room in the class on the 29th if you're interested. And the good news is, the new Pijpelink carport is indeed available installed in NJ! Just imagine, all the time you'll save scraping ice off the cars in the morning in winter.

Not the one Ashford was talking about.

The vertical style 12x21 that @Ashford referred to for 1200 bucks including installation is not available for PA or NJ. The $1495 is, but not the $1195.
These websites have algorithms that change the prices, often based on the number of hits that an item gets. Amazon and Google have perfected this. So, all the attention might have cost Ashful $200. Sorry Ashful. I'll corroborate the $1195 price on the website when I first looked.

Maybe we can take up a collection to make up the difference for him. Or, maybe he can just skip a six pack of that fancy brew he favors this weekend and slum it with some yuenling.

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw that, Ed! WTF?

Am I going to have to make you and Jan hug this one out?

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
Yeah, I saw that, Ed! WTF?

Am I going to have to make you and Jan hug this one out?
Just some good natured ribbing here. I'm enjoying it, and those Dutchmen have nice thick skin.

Last edited:
Gents - I am too the point that I can’t tell if this is good nature ribbing or if this is getting personal. Let’s agree to get back to the point of the thread where Ashful has the illusion that a tent in the woods will be good storage for his trailer.:p;lol

Norsemgan? What is that all about? What makes you think I am Scandinavian?
Gents - I am too the point that I can’t tell if this is good nature ribbing or if this is getting personal. Let’s agree to get back to the point of the thread where Ashful has the illusion that a tent in the woods will be good storage for his trailer.:p;lol

Yes, please! Nothing personal intended here. I've apparently unwittingly stumbled upon the new slur of mistaking a Dutch name for a scandinavian one. I certainly hope Jan isn't offended. ;-)

Plus, I think we've already convinced Ashful that the tent is a bad idea, and simultaneously driven the price up on his new preferred steel carport.

Now, if he can just convince the township code guy it's not a permanent structure...

Reactions: Ashful
Yes, please! Nothing personal intended here. I've apparently unwittingly stumbled upon the new slur of mistaking a Dutch name for a scandinavian one. I certainly hope Jan isn't offended. ;-)

Plus, I think we've already convinced Ashful that the tent is a bad idea, and simultaneously driven the price up on his new preferred steel carport.

Now, if he can just convince the township code guy it's not a permanent structure...
Up here if it doesn’t have a hard surfaced floor it isn’t considered a permanent structure but we just started having to apply for permits on things like carports and sheds but most ignore the new rules anyways. Heck, the electritions up here now have to be licensed as of late. Until recently anyone could have wired houses up here no license required. :eek:!!!

Up here if it doesn’t have a hard surfaced floor it isn’t considered a permanent structure but we just started having to apply for permits on things like carports and sheds but most ignore the new rules anyways. Heck, the electritions up here now have to be licensed as of late. Until recently anyone could have wired houses up here no license required. :eek:!!!

Sounds similar to us. I’m in a rural community just outside Philly, which put all sorts of minimum lot size and setback requirements in, to keep the area rural. But now we also have to apply for permits for any new structure, including sheds over a certain sq ft.

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
Status
Not open for further replies.