Travis Industries parts source?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skydmark1

Jun 29, 2008
Northern NH
Hey all! So I have an Avalon AGP pellet stove which has been pretty good but has had a few quirks. I've replaced the POF snap disc earlier this year as it wasn't working anymore (after 2 seasons). Anyway, now I'm having the rotary disc bind up on me. I emptied my hopper and saw that it has a replaceable blade. This is what was getting bound up. The blade was dinged up so I filed it best I could and put it back in. I was good for a couple of days then tonight it bound up again.

I figured, ok....this is a replaceable part, maybe best to just get a new one. However, I'm finding that it's damn near impossible to find any parts for these stoves online. Are local dealers the only place I can go to get parts? I'd rather order something, the dealers aren't that close to me for one thing.

Any ideas?

Travis Industries does not allow their parts to be sold online at all. They are rabidly anti-internet and will actively pursue any dealer who sells online and pull their dealership from them. We are not Travis dealers, we just have the ability to get our hands on parts for Travis stoves, though anything we do not stock has a very long lead time. We do not stock the shear blades unfortunately but I can see what I can find out on those.

Well, the blade isn't in the greatest shape but the more I investigate I think it's the motor getting weak. I'd like to find a tech manual or at least a schematic that shows how that rotary comes apart. Haven't changed pellet brands but I do get a fair amount of fines and feel that's contributing to the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.