Trim kit installations on newer P38 and P43

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Val

Mar 17, 2012
NY
Okay, I got this fancy trim kit to install on a used P43 and it seems simple enough, just drill the holes and install....But is it my imagination or are the studs a bit of a short fit? I was able to get 3 of the studs attached but the 4th,I just couldnt catch with the nut. Do you need to drill those holes through the door that perfect? ...Wow-O-Wow .... Or did Harman update the trim kits to have longer studs?

no updates I am aware of, Val. Probably an off-spec trim kit

mine was the same just barely caught the stud with the nuts...

you didnt drill the holes down straight and now your holes are too far apart from center. there is very little tolerance there. drill press would be key cause yer elbows tend to skew out your level when you apply pressure to the drill.been there....done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.