True North TN20 vs Timberwolf EPI22

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tbuff

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2007
Central NJ
Hi all, it’s been a long time and a couple houses ago that I’ve posted on here. Settled in my new house now, and looking at a couple inserts. I have finally convinced my wife to let me put an insert in, so I’m trying to act fast before she changes her mind. Right now I feel like the True North TN 20 or the Timberwolf EPI22 will do what I need it to and will look nice. What are your thoughts on these stoves?

They are very similar units. One by Pacific Energy and the other by Wolf Industries.

Hi all, it’s been a long time and a couple houses ago that I’ve posted on here. Settled in my new house now, and looking at a couple inserts. I have finally convinced my wife to let me put an insert in, so I’m trying to act fast before she changes her mind. Right now I feel like the True North TN 20 or the Timberwolf EPI22 will do what I need it to and will look nice. What are your thoughts on these stoves?
I’ve been using the Timberwolf for about 7 years now without any problems. Very efficient I load it up before bed and still glowing ambers in the morning.

Thank you, appreciate the feedback. I was really torn but ended up picking up the true north and so far I like it. I did like the design of the Timberwolf a little better.
F331E8D7-3B9C-47BC-84C1-CCA2FF4516E7.jpeg

Reactions: Sailrmike