Trying to get with the program(mable) thermostat for gas insert fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ2000

Nov 15, 2016
Baltimore
I'm looking at getting a Fireplace Xtrordinair gas insert, but cannot figure out if any of the remote thermostats allow you to set a time for when you would like the heat to come on. (We'd like to have the heat get started around 5 am.) Anyone know if Fireplace Xtrordinair can do this?

If not, anyone know if the Skytech SKY-2201P remote (which appears to have this feature) is compatible with the Fireplace Xtrordinair inserts?

Thanks!

Thanks-- unfortunately, the dealer was not entirely helpful. The person I spoke to said there is an Avalon model (The Radiant Plus Large) that does have the timer feature, but it only heats 1650 square feet as opposed to the 2000 square feet of the fireplace extrodinair (and it doesn't look as nice).

They were not able to tell me if the Xtrodinair was compatible with the Skytech remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.