Two Cord/ Edit 8:59 1-11-2011 2.17 cord

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going through the wood at a phenomenal rate this year...way more than what I was hoping for.

November I burned .8 cord of punky yellow poplar. Absolute junk but I had to get rid of it somehow.

December was the 5th coldest in last 30 years and I burned about a cord or so of Black Walnut with a tiny bit of red oak.

January has been average temps and I've burned about 1/2 - 2/3 cord of some pretty decent red elm. I should end up at about a cord for Jan.

Figure another 2 cord to get me through March and I'll let the fire go out.

I'm tracking somewhere around 5 cord for this season. Was hoping for 4. Oh well, looks like I'll have 2 additional days of processing this spring to get the extra cord.

Status
Not open for further replies.