Two new problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
i started having two new problems a week or two back, and maybe they're related.

1. Back button stopped working to back out of threads in Google Chrome.

2. Tapping the top of the screen in Safari (iPhone) stopped working to get to top of page. It will scroll to the top of the page momentarily, and then go right back to the bottom of the screen.

Anyone else seeing these issues?

I haven't had these issues using several computers on the same browsers you mention.

I'm no guru, but whenever I start having these sort of issues, I've found it's often a cache thing, and clearing that and the history often takes care of it.... I'll note again, OFTEN not always, sometimes settings elsewhere have an effect (as I have found with my log on problems and the site remembering me with firefox)

pen

Usual question, just on this site or any site?

Thanks, guys. Bart... there's no other site I frequent enough to really notice, other than maybe ebay or Amazon, and I haven't seen this issue on either of those. Pen... I'll try that on my PC / chrome, the iPhone is always in Private mode / no cache to clear!

Like I said, both issues started suddenly, about a week or ten days ago. Definitely not a complaint, just an observation. This forum is worth at least twice what I paid for it.

This forum is worth at least twice what I paid for it.

Because of your issues we will give you a voucher for 50% off of your next subscription.

Reactions: Ashful
Tried to replicate. No problems. Iphone5s safari the tap to top works.
Chrome back working to.

Yep. I should have said, each only happens occasionally, not even daily. The problem with trying to get back out of a thread to the Watched Threads page with the back button in Chrome definitely happens more than the iPhone scroll to top issue, but that might just be proportional to how often I use each browser.

Thanks, guys!

It seems the Apple problem of scrolling by tapping on top of screen only happens after typing a response within a thread. Sometimes the idevice thinks you're still typing, after submitting a response. Can also be forced by tapping on text within a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.