Two new small saws for me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WiscWoody

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2011
Winter WI
i haven’t bought a new saw in some time now so I have added two in the last few days to compliment my two ported saws I have now, both being Husqvarna's of 390XP/28" and 562XP/20" flavors. One of the new saws is a Husqvarna 543XP with the 16" bar and chain setup. I think it was made in Japan but I haven’t gotten it yet so I’ll see when it gets here. The other saw it a little top handled 1hp JonCutter G2500 with a 12" bar and chain. The JonCutter is a Chinese knockoff of Redmax saw I think it was and from what I saw on YouTube people have liked them so far and they only cost $110 shipped with the bar and chain. I think it’ll be nice to use on cutting up the honeysuckle I’ve been getting rid of out of my woods here. Honeysuckle is the bane of much of our woods up here choking out native tree growth and this is the second-lace I’ve had where I tackled the scourge to get it under control. I should get both of the new saws next week I hope... then the fun begins.