unidentified wood stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyansmommy

Hearth Supporter
Feb 7, 2008
Oregon
i recently acquired a small box stove and cannot find information on what manufacturer or date of manufacture or anything on it. if anyone can help me identify the year and make and perhaps steer me towards history on it that would be great! description: ht: 13 in, length: 18 in, width: 10 in. (estimates only) on each long side there is an image of a gold panner with his donkey. the panner is leaning over a stream and looking out at the viewer. the donkey is in the distance some, and on the right side of the stove (the panner's left). on the front of the stove there is what we assume is the model number, a big 301 cast into the face of the stove. nowhere on the stove is a name like jotul or upland. but the legs and feet are similar in style as well as the door (which is almost the entire front of the stove). we have looked but no one seems to have a clue. i would love to post an image...(but my kids broke the camera and we still have to get a new one). so if anybody has any ideas... please let me know.
thanks

My first guess is that this is one of the cheap Asian copies of european stoves made in the late 1970s (Scandia,etc.)

That certainly sounds like an American image and it is unlikely that and of the "real" names produced a stove with this scene. When you get a pic we might be able to tell you more.

That model number is also in the range of models that Scandia produced.

Status
Not open for further replies.