Update on my Jotel c450 burning problem (can't get it to heat over 450 previous post)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bugsb1

Jan 3, 2011
Maryland
OK today I put in a 6 inch flex king pro liner with a .5 thick insulation sleave, I sealed the heck out of the blockplate area. my first burn start up was good, burn to get goind was slow it seemed that after I got the flam started with door opened, after I shut it it would die down a little this was after about 45 minutes. Then after 2 it seemed to kick in with a good burn qualities. Tomorrow will be the big test. so far after about 2 hours not really keeping the fire built up the temp was around 420-450 (by the stick on thermometor) Tomorrow I will break out the laser. is the reason for the slow start due to a cold chimney?

Also at the collar of the stove due to our mistake putting the liner in we had to improvise a little connecting the 6 inch pipe to the stove collar. To do this we put 2 cuts in the pipe lifted the flap and fit it around the collar, afterwhich we taped in up and solidified the seal with the tape that came with the insulation (silver reflective tape) My question is would this hold up to the heat? It is wrapped and taped very well around the pipe will it hurt to keep it like this?

Any thoughts and pray that I have luck with the burning gods tomorrow.\\

Thanks
Tim

[quote author="bugsb1" date="1295164783"]OK today I put in a 6 inch flex king pro liner with a .5 thick insulation sleave, I sealed the heck out of the blockplate area. my first burn start up was good, burn to get goind was slow it seemed that after I got the flam started with door opened, after I shut it it would die down a little this was after about 45 minutes. Then after 2 it seemed to kick in with a good burn qualities. Tomorrow will be the big test. so far after about 2 hours not really keeping the fire built up the temp was around 420-450 (by the stick on thermometor) Tomorrow I will break out the laser. is the reason for the slow start due to a cold chimney?

Also at the collar of the stove due to our mistake putting the liner in we had to improvise a little connecting the 6 inch pipe to the stove collar. To do this we put 2 cuts in the pipe lifted the flap and fit it around the collar, afterwhich we taped in up and solidified the seal with the tape that came with the insulation (silver reflective tape) My question is would this hold up to the heat? It is wrapped and taped very well around the pipe will it hurt to keep it like this?
Any thoughts and pray that I have luck with the burning gods tomorrow.\Thanks
Tim[/quote
]

You should have had an appliance connector to go into the top of your stove. The connector should be held in place with at least three screws through the collar of the insert and a screw clamp or screws to the liner. The liner should go inside the connector the connector inside of the collar of the stove so any creosote will run back into the insert.The foil tape that came with the liner insulation will not take much heat if in direct contact with the metal of the chimney or stove. It should look similar to this photo of the top of my stove.

Attachments

• Update on my Jotel c450 burning problem (can't get it to heat over 450 previous post)
    DSCF0611.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 147
Status
Not open for further replies.