Upland 207, glass door replacement?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mr.forks

Feb 21, 2021
Hello forum,
I've been trying to track down replacement doorfor my cast iron woodstove, an Upland Model 207. As far as I can tell, the castings have been sold and resold a few times to a few different companies. At some point, there was a pellet stove version with a glass/ceramic door, which raises a few questions. Can I just buy the glass/ceramic door and install it? The stove currently has double doors, not a single large door. Is there some reason I shouldn't?
Where would I find one?
Thanks

mellow

Resident Stove Connoisseur
Jan 19, 2008
Salisbury, MD
Is Craig still around? Might know where some are.

A little digging, I found some for sale:

mr.forks

Feb 21, 2021
Nu-Tec was sold to US Stove and the Upland 207P became the Breckwell SPC50. Are you sure the door from the pellet stove will fit correctly on the original Upland?
https://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/184/details/25614/SPC50/28497.html

I am not sure at all, Figured here is a good place to ask.

Is Craig still around? Might know where some are.

A little digging, I found some for sale:

My original post wasn't clear
My current doors are fine, I was looking to replace them with glass door, as I never use the front doors, and being able to see the fire might be nice.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
I am not sure at all, Figured here is a good place to ask.

My original post wasn't clear
My current doors are fine, I was looking to replace them with glass door, as I never use the front doors, and being able to see the fire might be nice.
With no air wash in the stove, glass on the door may carbon up quickly.

Reactions: Deranged Hermit