Upland 207, glass door replacement?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mr.forks

Feb 21, 2021
Hello forum,
I've been trying to track down replacement doorfor my cast iron woodstove, an Upland Model 207. As far as I can tell, the castings have been sold and resold a few times to a few different companies. At some point, there was a pellet stove version with a glass/ceramic door, which raises a few questions. Can I just buy the glass/ceramic door and install it? The stove currently has double doors, not a single large door. Is there some reason I shouldn't?
Where would I find one?
Thanks

Is Craig still around? Might know where some are.

A little digging, I found some for sale:

Nu-Tec was sold to US Stove and the Upland 207P became the Breckwell SPC50. Are you sure the door from the pellet stove will fit correctly on the original Upland?
https://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/184/details/25614/SPC50/28497.html

I am not sure at all, Figured here is a good place to ask.

Is Craig still around? Might know where some are.

A little digging, I found some for sale:

My original post wasn't clear
My current doors are fine, I was looking to replace them with glass door, as I never use the front doors, and being able to see the fire might be nice.

I am not sure at all, Figured here is a good place to ask.

My original post wasn't clear
My current doors are fine, I was looking to replace them with glass door, as I never use the front doors, and being able to see the fire might be nice.
With no air wash in the stove, glass on the door may carbon up quickly.

Reactions: D. Hermit
I purchased a glass door on ebay, it was from a reading coal stove that uses the 207 casting which was also used in the nutec and breckwell 207's. from what I've read they're all the same front casting and use the same glass door design that was on the original upland 207 and 107.

I purchased a glass door on ebay, it was from a reading coal stove that uses the 207 casting which was also used in the nutec and breckwell 207's. from what I've read they're all the same front casting and use the same glass door design that was on the original upland 207 and 107.
I have the upland 107, I am looking for a glass door for my upland. Going to look for the reading door that you spoke of. So far no luck, any chance you have a picture of your door?

I have the upland 107, I am looking for a glass door for my upland. Going to look for the reading door that you spoke of. So far no luck, any chance you have a picture of your door?
Attached a few of the door, it fits well on my 207. The door is new old stock from this ebay seller antique-attic-finds, Their ebay store is besidearchstanton (see attached screenshots) and located near Union Springs, NY. They don't list any of those doors, but back in January 2021 he mentioned he may have some in his storage. I haven't used the door yet, stove is still waiting to be reconnected. The door is connected with screws that I had. To mount permanent I'll have to open up the door pin holes slightly since the 207 pins are larger, just need to remove the plating in the holes. I don't know if the Reading logo is removable, it may be etched in the glass. I'm going to try paint remover before I fire it up, that's a project for another day since I have to finish the chimney first. Also this door doesn't have front vents as shown in the original upland literature. Here's the eBay link for the door...

Here's another contact I made back in February 2020.
Bull Supply in Maryland.
"We have the door in stock in black only and that is all that is available from the factory if that would work."
Thanks, Allen (Buddy) Bull Jr
Mailing Address
Bull’s Supply Co Inc
PO Box 314
Maryland LINE, Md 21105
Physical Address
Bull’s Supply Co Inc
311 Old Freeland Rd.
Freeland, Md 21053
Phones (410)357-5995 (Office) (410)812-7266 (Cell)
Email [email protected]
Website www.bullssupply.com

I also checked with the reading stove company back then, but I can't remember the results.

IMG_20211228_133655953.jpg IMG_20211228_132552517_BURST004.jpg IMG_20211228_133121032.jpg Screenshot_20211228-141757.png Screenshot_20211228-142438.png image.png Screenshot_20211228-135128.png