UPS backup What size for Ashley APC1406 multifuel stove 700 watt draw at startup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

399main

Jan 30, 2013
Does anyone have any info for a backup system....I need it to transfer automaticlly and only need 8 or so hours of backup...I ahve a Generator to run the whole house once i'm aware the power is out....Just looking to keep any smoke from getting in the house till the Generator is fired up
The stove is an Ashley model APC... (US Stove ) Makes it their model # 6401

8 hours is a long time for a battery backup. The US stoves have some large fans and suck a lot of juice. Get a Kill o watt device and you can find the draw of most any household device. They are only about $20 bucks and when hooked up to other devices give a eye opening idea of where your electrical $$ are going.

8 hours is a long time for a battery backup. The US stoves have some large fans and suck a lot of juice. Get a Kill o watt device and you can find the draw of most any household device. They are only about $20 bucks and when hooked up to other devices give a eye opening idea of where your electrical $$ are going.
I doubt that i'll ever need it to run 8 hours but figured i would size it up so if we "just" left the house and were gone for 5-6 hours the battery backup would keep the stove from going out and the smoke from coming into the house

the only way that you're going to do that is with a couple of deep cycle marine batteries hooked up to a pure sine wave ups . the reason that i say a couple is because the ups's that i looked into use 24 volts . so you're talking 1 ups $150 and 2 batteries @ $125 . so about $400 + wire and connectors and hd crimping tool .

the only way that you're going to do that is with a couple of deep cycle marine batteries hooked up to a pure sine wave ups . the reason that i say a couple is because the ups's that i looked into use 24 volts . so you're talking 1 ups $150 and 2 batteries @ $125 . so about $400 + wire and connectors and hd crimping tool .
That will work for me...What is the name and Model # of the UPS that you mention ?

for the record, my ups (the 1500) will NOT start my stove with igniter (and I can't disable it... so....) and my stove max draw is also rated for 700 watts. I haven't killawatted it.

it gets about 50 min of run time on medium.

so, buy 8 of them... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.