Urgent...Pacific Energy FP30 and adapter plate help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

pocono53

Sep 23, 2014
Northeast PA
Need some urgent help....In the process if installing my FP30 and I got to check the anchor plate fit and it's about a quarter inch off the top of the fireplace. I'm using Supervent for chimney.

Took a look at the pic... this should a flush fit from what I am told. This isn't a ICC CHIMNEY so I didn't order the spacer plate... any ideas? Can I add spacers to the corners where it connects? Urgent...Pacific Energy FP30 and adapter plate help

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran into the same issue. I think the correct thing to do is order the adapter plate.

I ground away about 1/8" around the inside of the anchor plate so that it would sit flush.

I gotta laugh as I ran into the same problem.
Depending on the piping you have, you may not need the adapter plate if the piping works onto the stove outlet alone. At least the inside portion must fit inside the stove outlet though.

I ended up using the adapter, but modified it by cutting the flat plate off and just using the ring portion.
Attached are a couple photos of what I did for reference.

Attachments

• Urgent...Pacific Energy FP30 and adapter plate help
    ADAPTER1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 418
  • Urgent...Pacific Energy FP30 and adapter plate help
    PIC00026.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 377
Reactions: begreen
I ran into the same issue. I think the correct thing to do is order the adapter plate.

I ground away about 1/8" around the inside of the anchor plate so that it would sit flush.

Thanks....that was the trick and it fit like a dream inspector comes weds and fire test burn it saturday!

Thanks....that was the trick and it fit like a dream inspector comes weds and fire test burn it saturday!
Did you buy the adapter plate or modify the anchor plate?

I wonder if PE would be interested in the feedback for future consumers?

Did you buy the adapter plate or modify the anchor plate?

I wonder if PE would be interested in the feedback for future consumers?
PE doesn't make the liner or adapter plate. There is nothing they can do about that.

PE doesn't make the liner or adapter plate. There is nothing they can do about that.
Not the anchor plate, but the anchor adapter. Here is the part number listed in my fp-30 manual: FP30.7757

Not the anchor plate, but the anchor adapter. Here is the part number listed in my fp-30 manual: FP30.7757

The anchor plate, & anchor adapter are both part of the same piece, this is the ring & plate assembly as pictured, which PE doesn't make.
The do make the adapter "spacer" which is totally separate from the anchor plate, & anchor adapter.

It appears they are aware, and note it in the manual.

"3. Install the pipe manufacturers, Fireplace anchor plate by
inserting it into the flue collar. Secure with stainless steel
screws. We recommend sealing the joint with stove cement.
(If using ICC chimney pipe and anchor plate, you will
need to install an Anchor Plate spacer. Part #FP30.7757)"

The anchor plate, & anchor adapter are both part of the same piece, this is the ring & plate assembly as pictured, which PE doesn't make.
The do make the adapter "spacer" which is totally separate from the anchor plate, & anchor adapter.

It appears they are aware, and note it in the manual.

"3. Install the pipe manufacturers, Fireplace anchor plate by
inserting it into the flue collar. Secure with stainless steel
screws. We recommend sealing the joint with stove cement.
(If using ICC chimney pipe and anchor plate, you will
need to install an Anchor Plate spacer. Part #FP30.7757)"
That makes sense. I guess what I should have asked is do you think PE is aware or is interested in updating their manual regarding the use of the spacer with other chimney manufacturers as well? Making the install go as smooth as possible would be in their best interest I would think.

Possibly. It wouldn't hurt to email or call them with your input. But, it can be tough for them to keep up with the the manufacturers that come & go, or change their designs.

Last edited: