US Stove Co. DV21 gas heater info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ltbrownleghorn

Nov 8, 2012
Hey all,

I am going to be renting out my ~ 900 sq' house. I have been heating it during the winter quite easily with a Vermont Castings Reliant. But I'm thinking not everyone wants to rely solely on a wood stove all winter; someone might want to go away for the weekend or...

I'm looking at two options, both LP heaters. One is the Rinnai EX22, and the other is the DV21 made by the United States Stove Company. The Rinnai is a known. What I'm interested in is hearing from anyone who has experience with the little US Stove Co. 21 direct vent gas heater. The company has a manual on their website, but it's in French only! I'm wondering about the seemingly huge exterior vent terminal. And it's rated for 700sq', but this is certainly adequate to keep the simple plumbing from freezing.

Anyone know this stove? I'd love to hear about your likes/ dislikes. Thanks in advance...Maureen

Status
Not open for further replies.