US woodstove to DVL double wall adapter NOT fitting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hectormedlicott

Jan 15, 2023
Athol Massachusetts
Hi everyone.

I'm using a US stove and the flue collar is supposed to be 6 inches so I got a dvk 6 inch stove pipe adapter to start my double wall stove pipe. The adapter slots into the flue collar so loosely that I measured it and the collar is actually about 6 1/8inch inner diameter. Am I missing something? How are you supposed to start the stove pipe?
Thanks

That's a common complaint. I've been meaning to contact them about this. Try fitting the DVL directly to the flue collar. That works on many modern stoves.

DVL fits on PE stove flue collars snugly, no need for extra sealing. I'm not sure on US Stoves.

Yeah, that's what I was hoping but it slides all the way down and wiggles around on my US stove
The DVL without the adapter is loose too? If so, the inner liner end will need a wrap of flat gasket. You might be able to use stove glass gasket that has an adhesive backing for an easy install.

16738263463391704434322827044122.jpg 16738263727595627229962612773923.jpg 16738263954074853888675282938603.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't use the adapter. Return it.

Attach the DVL pipe directly to the flue collar without the adapter.

Hi everyone.

I'm using a US stove and the flue collar is supposed to be 6 inches so I got a dvk 6 inch stove pipe adapter to start my double wall stove pipe. The adapter slots into the flue collar so loosely that I measured it and the collar is actually about 6 1/8inch inner diameter. Am I missing something? How are you supposed to start the stove pipe?
Thanks
I had the same problem, different stove but the duravent dvl didnt fit snug, my solution was fairly easy once I got the right piece, go to your local store and buy a double male (both sides crimped) that should slide snuggly into the stove's collar, screw the (3) screws to hold secure, make sure the adapter crimped ends are flush with the bottom of the stove collar ( I trimmed mine) then take the dvl adapter and slide that crimped end into the top of the male crimped end, makes for a very snug fit, if you have a drill 1/4" extension bit you can zip in a few self taping sheet metal screws to make everything secure.

AB2F3096-6A25-4B52-8D50-88A132B6FB6A.jpeg F21B2277-BA8E-419A-9468-05506C37C075.jpeg

Reactions: TomMcDonald
Technically, that changes the rear clearance unless there is a shield for that section. Single wall stovepipe require 18" clearance.

Wait for the DVL pipe to arrive. It may fit the flue collar nicely.

Dvl stove pipe arrived and fit snug on the collar.
Thank you for your help
Thank you for the update. I need to call DuraVent about this. Their DVL adapter fits few stoves properly.

Reactions: hectormedlicott