Used 2019 PE Super LE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hilly

Feeling the Heat
May 28, 2006
Vancouver Island, Canada
PE #1.jpgPE #2.jpgPE #3.jpgHello,
I've been a member of this site for a long time, and it's time for me to update my insert. I've found a PE Super Insert 2019 and I had a couple of questions:
1) Since there is no warranty, I wanted to make sure this model year wasn't prone to cracks or any other issues?
2) I understand this model year is a new design for the Super. Does it work as well as all of the other years?
3) I'm going to look at it tomorrow. What are the parts of the stove I should look at carefully?

I'll attach three pics and I would love opinions!
Many thanks,
Hilly

PE #1.jpgPE #2.jpgPE #3.jpg

The supers are solid stoves. I’d look for signs that the stove has been over fired. Look for a sagging baffle, etc. are those new firebrick? Are they trying to hide something?

Thanks so much for the reply.
I checked it out today and I decided to pass on it. The surround wasn't included, the baffle wasn't too bad, but it sagged a bit and I would have to repaint it. The rust was superficial, but not something I could leave in my living room. The price we agreed to before I looked at it was $1200 and from what I saw, that price far more than I was willing to spend.
Thanks again!

$1200 was a good deal. I'd have grabbed that and repainted it for resale if nothing else. It looks to be in decent shape.