used Whitfield insert any good for the price??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alltherage

Jan 12, 2012
chautauqua County, NY
Hi all...
I found what I think is a good deal on a used whitfield insert. the guy has a shop and wants 500 for it. They replaced some parts and have been using it to heat the backroom of the shop. Anyway, it's a smaller stove...probably 10 or 12 years old. Our house is 1500 square feet and I'm looking to replace a propane insert (pre-fab for aesthetics only as it doesn't put out much heat). I'm wondering if this might be a good stove to jump on. It looks like it might be an Advantage II based on pictures i've seen on here. I really have no idea though. I'm trying to nail down what model it is, and if they're any good. I'm also wondering if i'll be able to get a "zero clearance box" for it as I"ve been told I will need that if i'm going to put it in a pre-fab type fireplace. There isn't any masonry in the fireplace, just sheet metal to direct the heat up the chimney from the propane insert. Seems like 500 is a very good price to me...comes with a 30 or 90 day warranty (can't remember).
thanks for any input you may have

look at the control board on the side, has knob's or push button?, great stove lot's of parts still avail, mine witll burn till i die!

I have a Whitfield profile 30 insert. Got it on CL last year for $400. Absolutely love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.