Used Woodstock Fireview , What are they worth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
Hello everyone, what is a 2004 Woodstock Fireview stove worth if it's in good shape? I think I found a deal, but I always check here first. I know what they cost new, it about a good hour away. I have to remove and load with my helpers. The owner will not help. Thanks Frank

I wouldn't pay more than $1k, if everything is good. It will likely need a new cat, which isn't too bad, $125 from Woodstock.

Take a good look inside. I know there are some cast parts that can be damaged if the stove has been abused. Fortunately, parts are readily available and reasonably priced.

In 2004 the stove sold for what $12-1500? It is ten years old. I would offer $600-750 if no significant damage is noted.

Actually, in August of 2004, the list on a Fireview was $2549.00, and we were offering either 0% financing or a $400.00 discount.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Thanks for the update Ron. I remember about 6 yrs years back considering getting one to replace the Castine and thought the price was about 1700 then, on sale. I had just missed a 3 yr old one for $1200 on craigslist at that time.

I think ours cost $2200 in 2007 with free shipping. Anyway, it would be tough paying 50% or more than what it cost new. For sure you want to look it over really close. Raise the top lid and look at the cat. Actually you should lift the cat out to inspect it. Is is cracked and crumbled (ceramic)? Steel is a bit harder to determine but if you look closely you can tell. Give the firebox door a dollar bill test. Look at all the gaskets on top and the firebox door. Are there discolored areas on the gasket? If so, replace. btw, Woodstock sells a very nice kit that would have everything you should ever need for changing gaskets, caulking, etc.

Well she was asking $900.00, asked her what her best price is? $500.00 but it's 1- 11/2 hours each way I going to talk to her tonight. She wants it gone this weekend. I will follow up once I find out more info. Fespo

Can she send you some pictures? It sounds like it could be a decent deal, so I would decide soon. Woodstock will be helpful with parts if needed. Decide the price once you have had a chance to assess its condition, though you may need to do this on site.

She did send pics, its still in the house and hooked up, I will be talking to her after 5:30 central time

$500 - I wouldn't talk too much, because it will be gone quickly. People around here try to sell smoke dragons for $500.

I would be on the way!

Reactions: Lakeside
Yes I would like to be on my way but she says not till weekend. I have to find out where it is in the house, stairs etc. And find a friend with a strong back

Good luck. Where would this stove be going?

As crazy as it sounds, in the greenhouse and sell the other one. I need a softer heat in there. No problem last winter, kept it warm all winter with pallet wood

A big plus on the WS stoves is the company actually supports the used ones! Imagine, you actually get a good old fashioned manual that shows how all the parts fit together, and WS will support you to keep it running long after the stove leaves their factory.

Not too many companies still work that way.

Looked at a used well loved FV. Seller was a great guy but he wanted 1500. Just couldn't do it. fell in love with the stove though and drove up to NH a few weeks later and bought new. 500 is a steal jump on it.

A good guideline for a 10 year old stove is less than 1/2 price - from the lowest possible sale price....
That would put fair value at about 1K or a little more...but it may need a new cat, etc.

Still, yeah, if she doesn't get on the net and find this thread you will be dancing for joy when you drive away!

Fespo, did you get the 2004 Fireview, and if so what kind of shape is it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.