Vc encore 2040 catc epa holesv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mreif

Dec 15, 2020
Chester county pa
I have a new encore 2040catc installed this summer. I m having trouble controlling the stove it seems to be getting to much air and running hot. I have checked gaskets and all seem ok. I have read about blocking epa holes in ash pan area but when I cant locate them. My question is does this stove have them and where are they?

time to call where you bought it so they can come out and have it on record that it's got a problem.

I had the the same symptoms with my cat-C earlier this (my first) season. My problem was the primary air control cable was pinched between the right air manifold and the side of the stove. Basically ran WOT at all times.

This is the best/only video I could find on the operation of the primary air control.

If you move the lever, the door should move. For me, it didn’t. Stuck wide open. It’s a couple bolts to remove the side refractory, upper air manifold, and right manifold. Have to tape the cable out of the way while your reassemble. Worked for me so far.

2040 doesn't have bleeder holes, all secondary air comes through the big hole in the base. Consider using a stove pipe damper.

True, the draft control may not be closing, best to have a look. Hope it's not a fireplace install, be hard to get yer head back there to see!

I had the the same symptoms with my cat-C earlier this (my first) season. My problem was the primary air control cable was pinched between the right air manifold and the side of the stove. Basically ran WOT at all times.

This is the best/only video I could find on the operation of the primary air control.

If you move the lever, the door should move. For me, it didn’t. Stuck wide open. It’s a couple bolts to remove the side refractory, upper air manifold, and right manifold. Have to tape the cable out of the way while your reassemble. Worked for me so far.

In turns out I had the sme problem, the cable finally snapped do to the constant rubbing. Dealer came out and replaced cable and pinched it again. It took me two tries to finally get it right.

2040 doesn't have bleeder holes, all secondary air comes through the big hole in the base. Consider using a stove pipe damper.
There are 2 bleeder holes on the under side of the primary air inlet. One on either side use a mirror if you have limited space. To small round magnets does the trick to close those if needed