VC Encore 2550 Rebuild Advice Needed please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

othelloears

Hearth Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
So. NH
I am in the process of rebuilding a Encore 2550 which I bought used. I ran it a couple times and like the stove alot but it was clearly running to hot and was sucking air; something I expected when I bought it at a discount. It puts out substantially more heat than the resolute accliam 2490 which I just sold but liked as well

I have it broken down and stripped and ready to assemble. I have searched the site but can't find answers to these quesitons

1) Trying to get a service manual but have been unable. Any suggestions?

2) Has anyone used gasket rope in the seams rather than or in addition to cement? Seams like a better option

3) Install order...it looks to me that the install order should be the front, then sides, then rear, then top. Any suggestions for those who have done it.

4) Furnace Cement. Any suggestions? Does VC sell in a caulking tube?

Thanks

Rutland sells the furnace cement in a caulking tube. At least they used to.
this may be it: part no. "78e"

You have the correct order. First the front, then the sides, the back. and then the top

Status
Not open for further replies.