VC Encore access panel woes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kevin Weis

Minister of Fire
Mar 3, 2018
Union Bridge, Md
Newby here, Got a new Vermont Castings Encore last month and the access panel is very ill fitting and nearly falls forward into the firebox. Panel barely hits the stop causing about a quarter inch gap at top. This didn't seem right as all smoke is supposed to go underneath and up the back it appears. Dealer say's it's not a problem and should still work ok?

Found out there was a problem a year or so ago with them breaking cause they were too thin so they made a thicker panel to replace it. Sent the quality control card that came with the stove back to VC noting the problem. Looking around on the internet, found one other person who had this problem. They got a new one from a third party dealer that supposedly fit well. My stove was made in February 17'. Anyone else have this problem? I looked at the dealer display which he said was a five year old model and that panel fit perfectly on that stove. Thoughts or comments welcomed.

Regards, Kevin

Any pictures would help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum.

I am not sure how the pieces fit together on the new Encore, but no piece should be falling out regardless. Sounds like warranty work to me.

Doesn't quite fall out completely, but definitely is about 1/8" to small all the way around. I agree on the warrantee. Going to file the claim after the "season" in about four weeks or so. They have to send the part back to VC so I would be left with no functioning stove until the new piece came in::P.

Kevin

Doesn't quite fall out completely, but definitely is about 1/8" to small all the way around. I agree on the warrantee. Going to file the claim after the "season" in about four weeks or so. They have to send the part back to VC so I would be left with no functioning stove until the new piece came in::P.

Kevin
Typical vc stuff

Whole lot better than the older ones though. Flex burns seem to hold up well!
Yes but still a long way from what i would call durable. And still not very good customer service from what i have seen.